[pyrnet] Re:

pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org writes:
>firstly, how do respond when neighbors, extended family members, etc.
>react poorly to your having such a big dog and kids? i try to explain how
>gentle and loving pyr's typically are, but i am met with scepticism.
>these people think all big dogs are monsters! i have been the reciepient
>of many a rude comment.
Cari, I think maybe you just have to wait for your pyr to overcome these
misconceptions!! We recently traveled to Florida with our pyrs, and when
making reservations encountered hotel policies that restricted pets based
on size. It was such a relief to encounter a receptionist in one place who
said, "Oh, I can't understand it either. I have a St. Bernard. Give me big
dogs anyday." She didn't even take the deposit from us. In that hotel, the
policy was only one big dog per room, and big dogs were defined as 15-50#.
We figured that didn't apply to our two who haven't weighed in at that
range since they were puppies!!
And welcome to the list. Even if some heavy and technical discussion is
going on, feel free to jump in with other questions and anecdotes. Often
there are several threads going simultaneously.
Ann, Peg, Paddington and Ivy Rose