From: owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org [mailto:owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org]On
Behalf Of Robyn Allwright
Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2001 11:11 AM
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Subject: RE: [pyrnet] pet store pups

> I've considered it a small, private mission to get the other farmers see
how
> well my dogs
> do with care.  By the way, LGDs are usually neutered by serious farmers --
> mine are.

Sandy, good luck with your "mission"!  We got our first Pyr from a local
goat farmer.  We had previous dealings with this woman concerning goats,
and this was the first litter of Pyrs that she had.  This was in 1997, and
boy have we learned a LOT about what to do and not do.  (Also, we have
found out what this "breeder" is really like and won't have any dealings
with her or her stock.)  While we love our first girl (David will never
part with her!), she definitely has too many faults for showing.  And yes,
most of the farmers around here breed for quantity, not quality, which
really hurts those of us who at some point would want to breed, and would
want to breed quality stock.  However, I have found here in South Carolina,
even the serious farmers don't neuter their dogs.

--- Robyn Allwright
--- ziffanyrobyn@earthlink.net
--- Ziffany Great Py