RE: [pyrnet] Working Show Dogs, was pet store puppies

In my opinion, whether you have show dogs or working dogs, there should
only be ONE standard.  A show dog should demonstrate the needed
characteristics (both physical and temperamentally) that are correct for
that type of dog.  However, the same goes for working dogs.  There is no
point having a working Pyr that doesn't have the proper temperament or
isn't physically built to guard a herd or flock.  But, breeders who don't
know, or don't care, continue to breed non-standard dogs.  I wouldn't want
a "physically challenged" dog or a vicious dog guarding my livestock.  And
neither would I want to show a non-standard Pyr (why waste your money <g>).

--- Robyn Allwright
--- ziffanyrobyn@earthlink.net
--- Ziffany Great Pyrenees