Re: [pyrnet] Cat eating dog food?

----- Original Message -----
From: "jodi l gordon" <okduh@juno.com>
To: <pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org>
Sent: Sunday, January 21, 2001 11:41 PM
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] Cat eating dog food?

> Yes, our cat does the same thing. It is ok according to our vet as long
> as it isn't pregnant or nursing and it gets plenty of cat food also. Cat
> food has a special ingredient in it that dog food does not.

Cat food contains Taurine. An ingredient which is vital to cats. Do not let
the cat make dog food it's main source of food. A little should not be too
harmful. My cats occasionally steal a nugget or two. But they prefer their
cat food as it is smellier and therefore more attractive to them.
Marie and Beau