Re: [pyrnet] Rescue and Fencing Requirements

Ann, your story reminds me of the situation on New Year's Day, 2000.  David
and I went to the west side of Knoxville, TN to pick up our first rescue to
foster.  When we met the women who were bringing Babe to us, we found they
had not one but two Pyrs in their truck!  Seems on their way to meet us,
they found a Pyr laying in the medium of I-40.  Fortunately he was
unharmed.  We found out later that his owner was a dentist, and on New
Year's Eve, the dog was spooked by the fireworks that were being set off to
usher in the millenium.  He had slipped out and had gone about 7 miles
before he was found.  Needless to say, the dentist was quite relieved when
he got the call that the dog was found.

--- Robyn Allwright
--- ziffanyrobyn@earthlink.net
--- Ziffany Great Pyrenees