Re: [pyrnet] LGD breeders (was Shelters and Breeders)

In a message dated 1/27/01 8:37:01 AM Eastern Standard Time, M3A4E5@aol.com
writes:

Right or wrong,
this their perception, hence their version of reality. How, if at all, can
this perception be changed?

It may be true of the German Shepherd, but I see your point is that all get
lumped together.  No way we can change all these misperceptions, but we must,
(I suppose we want to educate the public as part of our duty to the breed?),
educate the public.  One on one stands the smallest likelihood of success.
This is not a simple subject and some people with the right mindset and with
some mandate of authority or interest, should get together and brain storm
the concept.  Then develop a plan short and long term.  Then implement, fund,
and carry out the plan.  Plans can and should be "Tweaked" whenever
indicated, but without any plan we are just giving lip service to the
subject.

The longer we wait the more hopeless seeming it will appear.

Joe