[pyrnet] Re: CHAT, HEALTH: Cushings Disease

Hi everyone. Well, the tests are in. According to the cortisol
suppression test, Flopsy is borderline. The Vet was rather
surprised. He has never seen a dog with her high levels suppress
so well to come back borderlin. So... she goes back on Friday for
an ATCH just to double check the results. If that comes back
borderline as well, we'll do nothing for the time being. If it
comes back positive, we'll start her on meds. He is sure she is
Cushinoid, but there's no point in medicating her if she is just
borderline. We'll just retest the ATCH every few months until she
becomes positive, if that happens. BTW, her Cushings is pituitary
not adrenal.

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs), Flopsy (Pyr Shep) & Machin (Doxie)
bamb@monmouth.com