re: Re: [pyrnet] Re: Pigment change

> ** Original Subject: Re: [pyrnet] Re:  Pigment change
> ** Original Sender: "Barb Bowes" <bamb@monmouth.com>
> ** Original Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 06:33:00 -0800

> Cindy, stop using plastic feed and water dishes and go to
> stainless steel. This should help. It may not go away altogether,
> but it does make a difference. I must assume that Silver is all
> white. This does sometimes occur in all white dogs, but using
> plastic (hard plastic, like melamine, not rubber horse buckets,
> makes it a LOT worse).
>
> Barb Bowes
> Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs), Flopsy (Pyr Shep) & Machin (Doxie)
> The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
> bamb@monmouth.com

I use stainless steal bowls now. One of our dog rescue friends advised us to use them. Melvin was turning gray too fast, and she said it was static charge build up from the fur and the bowl, or something like that. The way she explained it was convincing. So we switched to stainless.
It seems to have slowed the process down, and dogs get older their features change. I dunno if this has anything to do with the subject...lol Just trying to help :o) When Melvin butts the ground with his nose it gets lighter. The vet said that it was callusing ( hope I spelled that right), so it may change to a lighter color. I haven't experienced any of this with Emmett though.

You had stated that...she is getting a brown area of hair
beyond the rim. Like taking your eyeliner and smudging it to soften the
line.
The way you explained that sounded so nice. I though of the eyes as being enhanced, and how neat that would be. I have seen some pics of Pyrs with this, and I think it gives them more facial character... as the dog gets older.
How old is she?

Merri,
ICQ #73292947