[pyrnet] Seamus' Elizabethan collar

Susan - the Elizabethan collar may seem awful for Seamus, but when Cyril, our Slovak Cuvac, had to go to the emergency room in the middle of the night for an infected neuter wound, there were no Elizabethan collars large enough for him.  We were instructed to find a large bucket, cut out the bottom, and use that.  We punched holes in the sides and used hair ribbons to tie it on his neck.  It was a dreadful experience for us all.  Then I took a week off from work to stay at home with him during the day and, covered with blankets and coats (it was March) sat with him all day outside on our concrete patio where he could get the comfort of the cold against his underside.  Poor fellow - we never went back to the vet who neutered him, but did have to go to the emergency vet again two years later when he developed gastric torsion (and survived...).  This later procedure wiped him out so much he didn't even need a collar.

Gerry and Tuff Travis and little rescue Sugar