Re: [pyrnet] Feedback on Amimal Planet presentation on Pyrs?

In a message dated 2/25/01 1:27:56 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dgg@star-telegram.com writes:

though I think they did eventually get it right.

If you classify one quick mention of "genetic INJURY" as getting it right
after several before and at least one mention afterward of only "Injury" as
getting it right.  It think it was way too little and the focused on the
injury part by linking it to the ruptured Cruciate in the knee.

<<I don't *think* any
harm was done to the breed, even if there was a little misinformation.
As a media person myself, I will say that you can't expect the media to
get it *exactly* right *g*.

So we should just be happy with the media event and chalk all the
misinformation or non information to entertainment and literary license.  At
what level does a media event like this has any responsibility to portray
information properly?  Could they say that Pyrs herd livestock?  Could they
say they do not shed?  Could they say that they do not roam?  Could they say
they have no genetic problems?  Where should they be expected to get it
right, because they are media?

Joe