Re: [pyrnet] Feedback on Amimal Planet presentation on Pyrs?

    O.K., I was reading it as saying breed loose lip to loose lip to get tight lip, which needless to say didn't make any sense.  I've not seen this particular St. myself to see if it's lips are tighter than most, I just know I read in the genetic book by Padgett that there's something that can cause a dry mouth.  Will look it up and see.

Chrissy
 The excess drooling in Pyrs usually is loose lips and is genetic.  A tight
liped dog will not droll nearly as much.  Now everyone realizes all dogs
drool some, but not like the loose lips they presented and we do see more
than we would like in the breed.  They do get closer to the St. in appearance
when they are this way and that is wrong.  All that is saying is breeding a
fault to a fault you are much more likely to take the fault to the next
generation.

Joe