[pyrnet] Re: Westminster

Hi All...

"Dickens" & I arrived home on Tuesday (Feb 20) and my other
job, the one that pays the bills, required I leave
immediately for a couple more days out of town... I repacked

my bags and left again that afternoon.  After 2 weeks
straight on the road...  I've finally had some time to
review my e-mail and the postings on the "L's" regarding
Westminster...

First, and foremost, I would like to thank everyone for the
congratulatory & supportive words sent privately and posted
on the Lists...  Campaigning a dog to the point of receiving
an invitation to compete at "The Garden" is no small
undertaking...  It was a long year for Paula, "Dickens" & me
as an owner/handler team, not of independent means, to
repeatedly get "Dickens" out and compete on that level.   To
culminate the year with a Best of Breed at "The Garden" was
very exciting, to say the least...

Secondly, I would like to congratulate, once again, the
other Pyrs and their Breeders & Owners who also received
recognition at "The Garden":  Best of Opposite winner:
"Elizabeth", bred & owned by Alan & Judy Bornstein;  Award
of Merit winners:  "Fame", bred by Karen Justin;  "P2", bred
by N Sharpe & M Thell & J Waitz-Brody & J  Weymouth and
owned by Carole V Baxter &  Nicole Sharpe & Janet Weymouth;
and "Vincent", bred by Rhonda Dalton & Laurie Scarpa & Ron
Conklin and owned by Rhonda Dalton & Ron Conklin & Jane
Hobson.

Finally, I would like to extend a special Thank You to
Carole V. Baxter, Kenneview Great Pyrenees,  for entrusting
Paula & me with "Dickens".

Due to technical difficulties, "Dickens'" digital BOB garden
photo was lost and temporarily replaced with a ringside
"candid" photo...  His actual BOB photo has now been posted
on the Westminster site at:
http://www.infodog.com/wm01/garden/WP78906501.JPG

"Dickens" had a SMASHING week...  Best of Breed at "The
Garden" on Monday, Best of Breed at the MHGPC Pyr Specialty
on Thursday, Group 1sts on Friday, Saturday & Monday at the
Plum Creek / Colorado shows in Denver, CO...

All-in-all "Dickens" picked up over 100 Breed points and
over 1,700 All-Breed points for the week.  We logged almost
4,000 miles on the road over the 12 day stretch...  I have
been home now for a week... Tonight, we're off to the
Milwaukee Specialty, Saturday March 3rd.
Trust All Is Well With You & Yours...
(Crazy) As Always...
Kyle

P.S.  Another photo of "Dickens" is also featured on the AKC
site within the Plum Creek KC photos at :
http://www.akc.org/dic/shows/plumcreek2.cfm

Kyle A. Simons
Pleasantville, Iowa  USA
email:  kylesimons@att.net