Re: [pyrnet] Shepherds crook

In a message dated 3/12/01 10:16:36 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jsmiller@newmex.com writes:

Well I am learning something new!  I always thought the Shepherd's
Crook was the significant bend at the tip of the tail.  I'll go look
at pictures tonight.

I think we are talking about the same thing.  Tip of tail is a term that
throws me off somewhat and conjures up an image of a small tip over right at
the end.  It, the crook,  certainly, more times than not, is at the distal
end of the tail, but you do occasionally see it higher, which is what Robyn
does not seem to like.  Does anyone see two crooks i.e. one right at the
distal tip and another further up.  All the pictures I noted, the crook is at
the distal portion along the shaft.  So semantics may have creeped in here,
but I think we speak of the same thing.

Joe