Re: [pyrnet] Airline tickets

Regarding our airline tickets to England -- British Airways was quite good
about it, really.  We had booked last November through our travel agent
friend.  These were "consolidated" tickets.  In other words, they weren't
bought directly from the airline, but we got them through a third party
agency.  They were "non-refundable, non-transferable" tickets -- what do
you expect for $487.00 a piece.

On March 1, when we found out Crufts was postponed, we contacted our agent
to find out what would be the penalty for canceling.  At first she said it
would be about $350 per ticket!  Then when she did some checking, she found
out that BA was   reviewing their policy in light of the outbreak of H&M
and the restrictions that were in place, and would have a decision by
Monday.  On Monday, we learned that we would only forfeit $75 per ticket,
and I'm not sure if this goes back to BA or the consolidating agency
through which the tickets were actually purchased.  In all, we really can't
complain.  On our tickets it said that the penalty for changing was $150.

BTW -- seeing I had paid for the tickets with a credit card, I contacted
the credit card company to see if there was anything that they could do.
They could -- seeing the ticket says $150, they would only require us to
pay $150 per ticket, and the rest they would charge back to the seller.
This would take a bit of time to get sorted out, so I'm glad the airline
was willing to reduce it's penalties.

--- Robyn Allwright
--- ziffanyrobyn@earthlink.net
--- Ziffany Great Pyrenees