[pyrnet] rescue

Been lurking here for awhile and just wanted to share our happy news.

We have been joined by a 3 1/2 to 4 year old neutered female Pyr named Sasha
who came to us through a rescue program.  We have had Newfoundlands in our
lives for the majority of our marriage (33 years) and when our Golden
Retriever crossed the bridge the day before our anniversary we decided that
after years of talking......we were going to find a Pyr to join our family.

Our daughter has been involved in Rat Terrier Rescue as a foster parent and
suggested that we might find that a good route to finding our new companion.
I contacted the people in our area and was put in touch with a lady about 3
hours away.  She had a dog that was being fostered here in town and asked if
we would pick her up and bring her when we came to visit her and see the
other dogs.  Well...........she DIDN'T get her dog back.  It was love at
first sight.  She is everything that we could have hoped for.  We had a few
housebreaking difficulties the first week or so (she spent most of her life
outside) but we are bell training and taking long walks often.

She knows basic obedience and walks beautifully on lead and has the sweet
disposition that our research had told us was characteristic of Pyrs.  Our
daughter and son tease us about the fact that she sounds like an Albino
Newfoundland.  Having grown up with Newfies that is great compliment coming
from them.

Just wanted you to know out there who work in the program.......one more of
your little lost lambs has found a forever home.

Caryl