Re: [pyrnet] St Patricks Day!, Begorrah!!!! !! Long

In a message dated 3/17/01 5:22:55 AM Eastern Standard Time,
ARIEGE@xtra.co.nz writes:

I think of my old Grandad, Irish born but with a Scots accent.

Hi Jan

Really super story.  Many of us 'Southerners' in the USA with roots way back
know about (have heard about) those Irish with Scottish accents.  Known as
Scot Irish here, they were the working class.  Beautiful melodic names like
McClung (Mac Lungue), Gallagher,  etc.  Rather a bawdy crowd, quick temper,
and no sense with alcohol.  Loved and respected by most for honesty, hard
work, and love of family.  So when you tip one or two or OH, what the hell,
several, say one for those grand lads and lassies who passed this way before
all of us.  Happy St. Patrick's Day, everyone.

Joe