Re: [pyrnet] Separation anxiety in re: neutering

Terry, while it is nice that you have so much respect for your stepmother
I  am rather curious.  What type of breeder is she?  For all we know she
may be just another puppy- miller, who feels that people should be
allowed to breed, to make money, and the problems at the other end
( euthanasia ) are not her problem.  You quote her as though she is the
first, and last authority on dog breeding.

Yes, a lot of people handle intact animals, I bet most of us on this list
have at one point or another.  It can be done, without production of new
life.  Usually it is not done easily or smoothly all the time.  Do you
advocate, horses being left un-gelded, bulls un-castrated, etc.  Another
thing you seem to forget, it is not a here today gone tomorrow type of
thing.  No dog or bitch changes over night, as you seem to imply, because
hormones remain in the system.  I would be curious if you tend to walk
down a street identifying by looks alone, what animals have been neutered
or spayed?  If they are so mutilated and miserable in their existence, I
would guess that you must be able to just pick them out at a glance?

The best thing that anyone could do for their pets is to check with their
Vet. as to the advisability of spay/neuter.  I am sure there are some who
may have different opinions about what age to do this, but I think there
would be far fewer that would tell you not to!  Some old farmers will
spay their females but keep their males intact claiming it keeps them on
edge.  They seem to lack the responsible attitude to take that a step
further and wonder about if every other female dog in the country, has
also been spayed to protect her from " roaming Joe".
Yes, I know you claim that is not being responsible, and your right, but
we live in a world full of irresponsible people.  Responsible people spay
and neuter to prevent problems.  Only you, and people like you could go
on about mutilation.  Most people can't even tell if a dog has been done,
unless they are right up close and personal, or the dog has extremely
short hair.  I bet the guy breaking into a house isn't checking out a
dogs rear, before he starts to worry, and it is even harder yet to know
if a female has been spayed.  This is an argument best served by talking
to a trusted Vet.  Cindy

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas