Re: [pyrnet] short coats

Yes Joe I agree and surely the shorter coat would be more suitable for a working Pyrenean.  The coat I like is the one that just needs a quick flick of the brush or comb, doesn't hold the dirt and is manageable.

I have 3 Pyreneans here with coats like that.  Easy to groom, very white and good length, straight . I have two others' with coats that take a lot more work.  One has taken since last Nov to actually strip out so he's getting a bath soon but he's now got a new coat and it's just endless work but his coat is in lovely condition.   His Mother (she's 10) needs a bath every few weeks but she has Cushings disease and that gives her a body odour.

None of these coats are what I would call short but the bitch I am expecting a litter from in 2 weeks does have a shorter coat than my Pyreneans here , (I bred her).  It is also very manageable but the dog I have mated her to has a longer very straight white coat. As a puppy he "grew" a coat and wasn't the cute little fluffy bundle.   We shall see what the puppies are like?? I never pick for coat.  I shall be looking for that cute little guy in there with the gray face, and the dark ears .(these are Arthur's great grandchildren Barb).

  I've had the big fluffy puppy coats but my best Pyrs have come from the "coat growers" .

 Must be all the fertilizer here??  You should see the size of my Sunflowers!!

Jan
Jan Chaplin
Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans
http://www.geocities.com/janellachaplin or