Re: [pyrnet] Separation anxiety in re: neutering

In a message dated 3/25/01 5:57:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
woodskk@eburg.com writes:

If a female pyr will breed with a neighbor dog that she would usually
fight to keep out of her territory why would she not breed with a
coyote, same with a male?

Good question.  Do Pyrs have an innate sense to what is "wild" or a predator
might be some reason. Historically the breed is acknowledged to have a very
innate sense of what persons are dangerous, I always felt this extended to
animals as well.  They are reported over and over to have a feel for when
danger is about.  Do we know for sure that a Pyr has bred with a coyote or
wolf while working?  I know it may be difficult to really know, but lets
start there.  I guess my question more specifically is are coydogs, part Pyr
from a full blooded Pyr, while working known in fact.

Joe