Re: [pyrnet] new behavior-growling at small dog

-  My Molly  does not  mind small dogs, but has a  thing for black labs and
boxers.  We used to have a neighbor lab that "ran out the door" and was a
nuisance in the neighborhood.  SHe used to see me shooing it out of our yard
all the  time, and away from us on walks.  One day when  he broke into our
yard, she took a hunk out of his hind leg.  I know  because it was left on
the driveway  She tried to get me for vet bills, but the fact that my dogs
were contained and it was hers violating the leash law, the case did not
make it into the courts.  She had been warned  in the past also, which that
eviidence proved handy.

     As for boxers, when we are on cape cod in the  summer, there is this
boxer that is walked on the canal which daily wants to eat Molly.  I put her
into a sit and we wait til he passes.  Good thing the owner is able to
restrain him-- albeit not easily.

     Whenever my dogs go to the groomer, I have to remember to remind them
of the  above.  Wouldnt you know it, the last time I had them groomed at the
end of a kennel vacation, the girls forget and brought in 3 labs.  They
could not believe how quickly Mollys demeanor shifted.

Nancy