Re: [pyrnet] French National

In a message dated 4/17/01 6:22:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
urshock@zeelandnet.nl writes:

A big brag for a Dutch breeder, Gerard van der Post, Red Embers Kennel, went
Best in Show at Tarbes with his female Xabine de la Taloudiere, (Ch.Malik du
Pic de Viscos x Ch.Tootsie de la Taloudiere) breeder Albert & Chantal van
den Broucke, Belgium.

Yes, and a well deserved brag at that.  A poignant story about a breeder who
had terminal cancer last year and managed on very weak legs to show her dog
at least part of the day to the win (Best of Breed).  She died just a couple
days before this years show and the litter sister won this year.  No one
remembers when two litter sisters won Best of Breed at the French National
before.  Two bitches at that and still quite young.

The controversy surrounding the judging and the protest by some exhibitors
pulling their dogs from the final competition should not detract from this
marvelous win.  Cool heads prevail and hot heads sometimes "cut off their
noses to spite their face."

Actually there are three litter sisters who are really good.  Two owned by
the breeder and this years winner who is owner by the stud dog owner.

The stud dog is a marvelous stud dog (Malik) bred by Benoit Cockenpot of Pic
de Viscos kennels.  We will be lucky to see Benoit and one of his bitches
Neige Avril here at our GPCA National Specialty show in just two weeks now.
Also Nadine Laffitte of de Neouvielle, is coming with two dogs (dog and
bitch) plus the Valli's from Monaco with two excellent dogs (dog and bitch).
Many Foreign visitors at this show.  So everyone must come and visit the GPCA
National.  Very unique show and combination of folks.  BTW, for those Hartza
du Pic de Viscos fans she looked fantastic from the Veteran Bitch Class.
Very worthy bitch still at over 8 years old.

I am told that, God willing, that we will see Bonbelle du Comte de Foix at
over 14 years old at the GPCA National Specialty. There will be four
generations (counting her) there.  So another good story and reason to come
to the GPCA National in two weeks.

Joe