Re: [pyrnet] summer question

I'm sure you will receive lots of advice pro and con clipping - so here is my
2 cents worth.  Good luck in sorting it all out.

We live in SC and it is hot, hot, hot in summer.  Both the breeder, vet and a
person who rescues Pyrs tell me never to clip or shave Pyr. With shaving, I
am told, they will go into shock because of thin skin and light pigment.
With clipping, I am told, they loose the insulation their fur provides
against heat, cold and insects.  I have also switched to PremiumEdge Lamb and
Rice dry food (from Diamond Co.) and add Derma Caps extra strength to his
food once a day.  Works well for Cody skin health.

Cody is a 5 year old male - I brush him very well and often and check his
skin for hot spots.  I only trim his pantaloons and feathers.  Quite frankly
Cody is not interested in his usual 2 mile a day romp when temperature goes
above 80 degrees.  Very content to lay upside down under ceiling fan in a/c
house.

Hope this helps.  Diana