Re: [pyrnet] Lawn sprays, and Pyrenees and other living beings!

I would really look very hard for alternatives to harsh chemical
treatments for lawns or anywhere else around the house and yard. Although
you might be able to keep the pyrs (and yourselves) off the lawns for
whatever period the manufacturers recommend, I don't think we know enough
about the residual effects of those products in either humans or other
animals. Check out some of the organic gardening websites for
alternatives--you might not have to choose between potentially hazardous
chemicals and a great looking lawn. We haul in as much cow manure as we
haul out dog poop. We do more hand weeding, but that probably improves our
health!
Ann, Peg, Paddington and Ivy Rose