Re: [pyrnet] Looking for a home

Dear Robyn (and everybody),

Thanks for the note about contacting the person in TN about two Pyrs for
adoption. In my first letter, I mentioned that a neighborhood with a farm/many
animals had just gotten a Pyr and was perhaps interested in these two dogs. I
just heard from her that her Pyr, Samson, had started killing her baby chickens
that she raises. (Also was caught toting off a pet rabbit a few days before.)
She was horrified and decided immediately to return him to the breeder. She
said she is definitely not interested in another Pyr. Any thoughts on this
behavior (of the dog, that is)? He is about 15 months old, raised/trained by NC
breeders to a working farm dog.

Thanks,
Suzanne