[pyrnet] Thanks Everyone!!!

Title: Thanks Everyone!!!
First I want to apologize for my problem seeming to monopolize the list's time.
I want to thank everyone and I mean, everyone for their support and advice. This was surely the right list to join. I really do appreciate your honesty. I needed to hear both sides of the coin and not just the positive. Believe me that I won't be discounting any of it. Your stories have given me much to think about, and have made me even more aware(if thats possible) of the things that can go wrong.
I know that Zeus will never be an ambassador to the breed. As I just told a new friend, I would have never picked a Pyr for beauty alone, rather it was their other wonderful qualities that endeared me to them. I know that if and when the time comes, I would love one again. I just can't give up on this one just yet. I do have a strict plan, IF and when he does return.

Barb made an excellent point(regarding breeders) Maybe Zeus can not only serve as a lesson that this can happen even to dogs that have been given love and have not been abused, but also another reminder of the importants of finding a established and responsible breeder.
I got the names of breeders from the breed assoc. Unfortunately when I called they either didn't have any pups available, or they were soo very far away. So when I seen this ad in the paper for Pyr puppies, I jumped at it. The people did seem to care where these pups were going. They had a three page questionnaire for potential buyers, they had turned down two couples, while I was there, The pups all had there Shots, vet checked, dewormed, microchipped, etc. and they also gave a health guarantee. Also they were only asking $800, the average Pyr pup sells for $1000-$1200 in Ontario and can reach as much as $2500. I thought that I was saving money. NOT!
The lesson I have learned has been a hard one. For anyone reading this list, who's wanting to get a Pyr or any dog. Do your homework, visit many breeders, travel distances if you have to, and remember you get what you pay for. Ask questions, Histories etc. a good breeder won't be offended. The Great Pyr Club of CA has a good list of questions.
Buying from a breeder who doesn't know the ins and outs of genetics, may save you money in the beginning, but you could end up like me, going through the misery and heart ache, paying over a thousand dollars for a behaviorist, and I the end maybe losing your beloved dog anyway.
From this moment onward, I am going to support the wonderful efforts of a responsible breeder,
of course this doesn't give you a total guarantee, but it make the odds ten fold higher in your favor. It's worth traveling, or waiting for the right breeder and puppy.

I wish that one of these, you, responsible breeders would write a good book on the in and outs of owning a specific breed of dog, for those of us laments, maybe called "Is this Breed for you?" who didn't have the internet at the time. Breed specific books seem to spend a great deal of time on coat color, conformation,size etc. and very little on the negative. Like, how good is your vacuum? Do you like a dog that barks at nothing? Do you have good house insurance? In the case of St. Benards, Can you handle every time your dog shakes it head the drool will drip from the ceiling? That is how I got my St's, the person who owned them, didn't realise that they drooled so much, and couldn't handle it. Maybe it would save the rescue groups alot of grief.
Anyway's just a thought.
Thank's again,
Sariena