RE: [pyrnet] Dew Claw Question

Have you tried using a dremel -- one of those hand held devices with a
small sandpaper wheel on the end?  This might be a way of getting the nail
a bit shorter without worrying about trimming too close to the quick.
Also, as long as you don't leave the wheel on the nail too long (it can get
hot), the dogs usually respond better to having their nails trimmed using
the dremel as opposed to using clippers.

I would think, as long as the nail is not growing too close to the pad,
that 1/3-circle shouldn't be too long.

Good luck with the nail trimming.  Each dog is different when it comes to
this.  While most of our Pyrs are usually good with having their nails
done, our Zoe really doesn't like it (eveh though David's never nicked
her!).  She's much calmer with the dremel.

--- Robyn Allwright
--- ziffanyrobyn@earthlink.net
--- Ziffany Great Pyrenees