Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2001 3:04 PM
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] Re: Sandra /pyrnet-l-digest.20010604

I have two pyr and can`t imagine them in the house{:> I have a farm and sheep goats etc. and these dogs bark all night long do they not do this is the house? They also hate cats, the pyr I had before these two was the best pyr int the world I had a rabbit to get out he went over and sniffed it and walked away but these two will kill my rabbits or a cat if they could catch them.
Thanks
Sandra

What`s a therapy dog??
Sandra
Hi Sandra, a therapy dog has many uses. Some are used in nursing homes to just be companions to the elderly. As it has been proven that just being around a friendly animal, does their health and mental state wonders.
Other dogs are used for autistic, or mentally handicapped children. These children are actually harnessed to the dog. They keep them from wandering and getting into bad situations, and again helps them open up mentally to another living thing. Some are also used for physically handicapped people to make their lives easier.
My Sheppard cross Pepsi, (recently turned 14, Woo Hoo! ) was a therapy dog for severely mentally and physically handicapped children. In a group home setting. Six days of the week these children spent walking around( that is if they could even walk) in a trance like state. Barely smiling. Just existing. On the seventh day when Pepsi would come to work with me. Even the most severe of the children would crack a smile while hugging her. Most would clap her arrival, and squeal with delight when she gave them kisses. I have no doubt that she brought some joy into there own gray, lonely worlds.
Sincerely,
Sariena Foley
Owned by, Zeus(Pyr)& Pepsi(SheppardX)