Re: [pyrnet] Loss of Pigmentation (was Faults?)

Barb Wrote;
>Sometimes, loss of pigmentation can be genetic. The all white
>dogs in the US seem to have a problem with this, which is why it
>is not advisable to breed an all white dog to an all white dog.

*Please help me understand. So if this is sometimes a Pyr trait, then why
would it be considered a fault. Why is it so important? If some can have
different markings, colors, etc, why can't they have a brown nose. Of course
we are talking about pure bred Pyr's. Just for my info.

>snownose" in the winter.
>I still don't understand the condition of "snownose" could you please
explain?

 Bo had beautiful, full black pigment until I
>switched to hard plastic bowls.

Zeus also eats out of a plastic bowl, and this did start
about......February. His whole nose is not brown, but just the top near the
tip, about the size of a quarter. Around his eyes and lips are  black, and
he does have white whiskers(grin)

After about a month, his nose
>pigment began to fade. If I had switched back to stainless steel
>or crockery sooner than I did, he may have gotten all of his
>pigment back, but as it stands, he still has a poorly pigmented
>nose.
>So what does this mean to him in the show ring? Would he be disqualified? I
don't know if you show him or not, but it would seem to be unfair to fault a
well bred Pyr with say impeccable breeding, and conformation. Do to a run in
with a plastic bowl.
Just asking,
Sariena
Owned by Zeus(Pyr) & Pepsi(SheppardX)