Re: [pyrnet] chronic diarrhea/worming. long.

I'm a great wormer from way back.  It's just something I do especially with
bitches for breeding.  Worm at 4 weeks in whelp, worm again at 7 weeks in
whelp and worm again when I first worm pups at 10 days.  Why?  I don't know
but we do it.  I also worm all the older dogs regularly, I have yet ever to
see a worm!

Funny thing is Julie seeing your email re the worms being vomited up, I have
my friend here now with her bitch who I have leased (I bred her) due to have
pups any second and we were talking earlier today about the first Pyr she
bought 21 years ago who as a pup had diahorrea and brought up worms!!!!

It's one of those subjects we talk about (we can clear a room!!!) when she
brings her girls here to have their pups and maybe the reason we do worm
regularly dates back to that experience 21 years ago.

Now I am interested in the stress factor too with  diahorrea and  I did have
a stressed Pyrenean this week and no diahorrea!  He ate his way out of my
new crate on an Air NZ Flight last weekend. The damage is incredible. He was
found by the Cargo Crew (again) when they opened  the hatch, there he was
sitting on the baggage waiting for a friend.  One of the crew took the belt
off his trousers and put it round Seymor's neck. I was met by the sight of a
filthy Pyrenean with blood in his mouth and a man holding his pants up! The
crate (a fibreglass huge crate) had a big hole in the corner (scans
available on request!) so is totally unuseable.  Yes Seymor is just fine. He
came home in a hightop metal crate in a state of euphoria with a couple of
ACE tablets! I came home with a huge hangover from a night of partying at
the awards Show!  When I was asked my name at the Air NZ Check In counter I
had to ask my friends who I was!!!   No diahorrea in either case thank
goodness.  He's had his last flying lesson, road and sea transport from now
on but I do hear another airline opened for business in New Zealand
yesterday?  Maybe they haven't heard of him yet?  The Air NZ Cargo crew
reckon Seymor gave them the best laugh ever. Such a huge, big, gentle white
dog going just nowhere and sitting waiting til the belt was put on his neck.
At least 6 years of training have finally got through!  "You leap out buddy
then you'll only do it once" had paid off again!  We were just terrified the
guy's pants would fall down!!!

Jan

Jan Chaplin
Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans
http://ariegepyreneans.mainpage.net or
http://ariegeroussillonpyrenean.homestead.com/
Visit here!! http://www.geocities.com/pyrworld
Jan's Ebay Auctions http://showcase.auctiva.com/janella
ariege@xtra.co.nz

---
AND please do not send us any. Update your virus info and do not open
attachments unless bug free!!!!