[pyrnet] Things! Tails, Pyr Mastiffs and Life!!

Been very busy with 10 new Pyr pups and  still trying to read the emails from Pyrnet.

 Barb I will be interested to know if this dog is indeed a Pyr Mastiff or maybe a heavily marked Pyrenean.  We do see them here or overseas with the much darker grey markings and I have owned Pyrs like that.  If you part the dark hair on the head you will see the lighter gray underneath.

Re the tails being wheeled over the back, most certainly not like the Spitz Breeds, screwed up in a coil type tail which leaves an indent on the coat  on back where tail rests like an Akita!!  Wrong, very wrong but also in my opinion wrong with the tail that never leaves the hocks no matter what.  To me the tail in a wheel over the back of a Pyr going about his business, seeing daylight through that "wheel" looks just great.  Not the "mushroom," to the aside tail either nor the sabre like tail which is not sure where it should be, held out like a sabre, will I wheel or wont I or maybe I am too short to wheel?  Nor the tail tucked between the back legs not ever wanting to leave there.  ( Yes I have seen them all  and bred them all apart from the one not wanting to leave the backside! )  and to me the tail rising when the Pyr is on the move and forming a graceful wheel is the nicest one to see.

Must dash, cooking some "Brocauli" which is a crossbred vegetable from Brocoli and Cauliflower!  Now the last time I cooked Brocoli here a huge Caterpillar ( 3 feet between the eyes) leapt out at us and I had to flush him (after a huge battle)  and the brocoli down the dunny (Loo, john, toilet) back in the 1980's.  Teeth like razorblades on it, went for my throat.   I have never cooked brocoli again until tonight when I found this crossbreed vegetable!  I am having huge problems convincing the wearer of the shorts that he will be safe from caterpillar attacks, there are 4 Pyrs in here to protect him but he's not convinced? We are still arguing on this one.  He says no matter what they call it it's still Brocoli. To me it looks like a Cauliflower but a pretty lime green shade? Let you know end result but it aint looking good.

Jan

Jan Chaplin
Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans
http://ariegepyreneans.mainpage.net or
http://ariegeroussillonpyrenean.homestead.com/
Visit here!! http://www.geocities.com/pyrworld
Jan's Ebay Auctions http://showcase.auctiva.com/janella
ariege@xtra.co.nz

---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free, no bugs from the Ariege Pyreneans! AND please do not send us any. Update your virus info and do not open attachments unless bug free!!!!