Re: [pyrnet] Needs a home

--- JGentzel@aol.com wrote:

> Mike, many Pyrs are doing fine in an apartment.  Since he is such a
> fine dog
> and you are so completely devoted to him, he would be much better
> with you.
> At four and a half he should mostly have the puppy out of him and
> will be
> naturally slowing down some.  Pyrs are not a breed that requires a
> lot of
> "romping" room anyway.  I do not recommend that puppies go to an
> apartment,
> but one that is part of your family since 8 weeks I can recommend
> nothing
> else.  You will find an apartment that will take dogs.  All a little
> extra
> effort, but I know you will not mind this at all.  If he is not house
> broken,
> Pyrs are generally easy to house train.  You take a big chance with a
> new
> home of it not being a very good home.

I am happy to report that "Buddy's" new home will be our home :-) Mike
and I talked for a long time last night and we both feel good that he
will be a good fit for our family and we for him. Buddy is 1/4th
Newfie, by the way.

Mike and his wife have a toddler and an infant and are living on the
third floor of an apartment bldg. It's apparently very difficult for
his wife to care for Buddy when Mike is away for work and travel. Even
so, I know this is a hard decision for them since they have loved Buddy
since he was eight weeks old. I hope we can stay in touch with them so
that they can keep up with Buddy and visit us if they would like.

I am taking in a female Pyr rescue from out of state tonight and Buddy
will hopefully join us next week, so we will be going from one Pyr to
three! I am very excited. I'll take some photos as soon as we have
everyone settled.

Katie

=====
~Katie Allison Granju~