Re: [pyrnet] Needs a home -- plus a question

Thanks Karen. This is absolutely good, solid advice that I intend to
follow. Snow, the older female rescue is comletely vetted and is here
now, asleep in our bathtub ;-). She has been extensively socialized
with children, but I will still be extremely cautious as she becomes
acquainted with mine. I tend to be ultra-cautious about kids and dogs
in general.

When Buddy arrives, we will introduce him slowly and carefully to Leo
on Leo's terms. I have a well-constructed chain link kennel run in
addition to a fenced yard, plus two giant crates and the house, of
course. Leo is generally very good with other dogs who visit us. I do
local rescue (one dog at a time) with other breeds on an as-needed
basis and he has never had a problem except with one unneutered male
American Bulldog and even then it wasn't that serious. I just couldn't
feed them together.

Buddy is also fully vetted and has been extensively socialized with
kids, and according to his owner, is not dog aggressive in the least. I
fully expect that there will be some pack order "discussions" among the
dogs, but I think that's inevitable if I ever want to have more than
one dog -- which I do :-)

I'll keep you posted.

Now, a question for the experts. Snow, the rescue takes Soloxine, .7
mgs twice daily for thyroid problems. She is missing some big patches
of fur on her back, although the rest of her coat looks amazing. She is
also fat. Do you think she needs to be evaluated for a different dosage
or possibly Graves?

Katie

=====
~Katie Allison Granju~