[pyrnet] Allergies... Blowing her coat?

Hi folks,

My wonderdog, Luna, is just now starting to act very allergic and the poor
beast is itching/scratching nonstop.  When I was allergy stricken in
May/June with sneezing/itchy eyes, she was fine.  She didn't even do much of
a summer shedding and has been a very happy camper.

About 3 weeks ago, she starting itching like crazy and now seems to be doing
a full "coat blowing". My vet suggested we put her on Benadryl temporarily
to ease her symptoms and also Dermcaps to moisten her skin.  In addition, I
am changing her diet to a hypo-allergenic lamb/rice mix which doesn't
include any corn/wheat (I had changed her food earlier this spring/summer
because she has been so finicky and so I suspect her new food may be part
cause of the allergies).  The vet suggested we may not see any real
improvement for a few weeks.

Does anyone have any experience with Pyrs and their susceptibility to
allergies?  Is it unusual for her to not shed all summer and start to blow
her coat just now???

Thanks in advance,
Adrienne and Luna in CO