Re: [pyrnet] Re: pyrnet-l-digest.20010814-1

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2001 8:06 AM
Subject: [pyrnet] Re: pyrnet-l-digest.20010814-1

In a message dated 8/14/2001 10:11:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
pyrnet-l-owner@pyrnet.org writes:

she seemed surprised by this and said that in
her experience, Pyrs are by nature difficult to manage and she usually has
to use a muzzle during examinations.=A0 She was not very comforting.>>

Just this last week I took Beau in for his yearly physical and shots. They routinely do a blood test for heartworm at this exam. The vet techs stuck my poor baby twice and still couldn't get a sample. Doc Christy was called in and got him with one stick. Through out all this my good boy sat patiently without complaining. Although he was giving me his best pitiful puppy gaze. Doc Christy gave Beau a treat and told him what a good boy he was. This is typical for most pyrs. They are generally pretty stoic about pain. And are not generally aggressive with people unless they are on the property and house and are in guard mode.
Marie and Beau