Re: [pyrnet] Electric Fences??

----- Original Message -----
From: "Julie Johnston" <raven4luck@home.com>
To: <pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2001 12:38 PM
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] Electric Fences??

> How about stringing a long line between two trees up high and attaching a
> leash to it for a sort of run line for her>
> Julie in CO too

Please do not consider using this idea. I have had one distant relative and
two nonrescue friends who used this kind of containment for their dogs. And
all three ended up with dead dogs. The dogs evidently jump while they were
at the end of the tether. And then the tether got caught on the posts and in
one instance a tree branch and the dogs strangled to death.
Marie and Beau