Re: [pyrnet] My Best Friend

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nancy K" <nakhere@hotmail.com>
To: <pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org>
Sent: Sunday, September 02, 2001 9:50 PM
Subject: [pyrnet] My Best Friend

At 51 years of age, I've finally gotten a pc for my home use. I saw this
website and hope that maybe you can help me. My best friend...my first any
only Pyr died the end of January of this year.
I need to have some closure on all these tumors that spanned the majority of
his lifetime. Are tumors of this type prevalent in this breed?
I loved him dearly and miss him terribly;
Any information will be greatly appreciated. I value anything you can tell
me. Thank you in advance.

First and foremost I want to say how sorry I am that Thor passed and went to
the bridge. Please accept my sincerest condolances. I own (or maybe he owns
me?) one pyr named Beau that I adopted from Pyrangel Rescue. And I now work
with this rescue and with anyone else in my area that needs help with
transports or homechecks.

I do not breed. But there are several very knowledgable breeders on the
list. And they maybe able to give you the infomation you are looking for on
tumors. I have only known of one pyr with a tumor. She was a sweet little
pyr bitch named Shelby. She came into rescue terribly malnourished, with
heavy heartworms and a tumor on her tail. She survived heartworm treatment
but her kidneys shut down and she was released to the bridge. We had no work
done on the tumor as getting her through the heartworm treatment was our
first priority. Shelby was very special to me as she was my first pyr
transport and between Savannah, GA and Jacksonville, FL she stole our
hearts. We wanted to adopt her but it was not to be. We adopted Beau instead
as he was suffering from terrible seperation anxiety and had been horribly
abused by one of his former owners and needed a lot of understanding and
patience. He is now a healthy and happy boy. And is the love of our lives.

Yes pyrs bark, alot! The nightly patroling is quite common. They are simply
checking things out through out their home. It is part of their way of
protecting their owners and homes. Protecting is their lifes work. And they
do it very well. I hope you get what you need to find some closure for
Thor's passing.
Marie and Beau