Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2001 5:45 AM
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] Gordon's quest

hermit@duo-county.com writes:

It grows wild in Kentucky.  The cultivated kind sells for less
money.

Also grows wild in the North Georgia Mountains.  An old "cash crop" to the
mountain folks, in fact one of the few until civilization found them 40 or 50
years ago.  It grows many times in the shape of a "Man" (generic for human
shape).  The better representations of human form are many times worn around
the neck as good luck and to keep the bad spirits or whatever away.  Still
happens with the native mountain folks.  I never heard them talk about
hunting for it except the fall and most of the old mountain folks would care
less for some government regulation (ever hear about "White Lightning"?).
Not big on being told what they can and cannot do.

Joe