Re: [pyrnet] Goat milk

> The great poet and biographer Carl Sandburg had goats, partnered
> with his wife. They moved to North Carolina.  I wrote him about an
> entry in his Lincoln bio, discussed goats and I got the impression
> that  he thought we don't need to know the secret of goat milk's
> benefit.  There are those who think we already know too much to be
> good for us.  Let us have just this one little secret, which isn't a
> secret to goat owners,
> and just to make this post legal, I will add,' goats watched over by
> Pyrs. '

The Sandburg house is one of our favourite places to visit with our Pyrs.
One of the first times that we went there with our first two Pyrs, we were
stopped by one of the rangers.  Come to find out, besides working at the
Sandburg house, she raised goats and had Pyrs.  She is no longer working
working at the house, but has started her own goat dairy farm not far from
here in North Carolina.  From the records that Mrs. S kept about her goats
(all these are still in the house), she definitely knew the benefits of
goat's milk, and the way to breed good stock.

--- Robyn Allwright
--- ziffanyrobyn@earthlink.net
--- Ziffany Great Pyrenees