Re: [pyrnet] Pyr Chow

----- Original Message -----
From: "Julie Johnston" <raven4luck@home.com>

<<There
was talk about a higher risk of ovarian CA or something like that if she had
never had a cycle. >>

Dogs who have been spayed don't get ovarian cancer.  No ovaries.  Bitches
who are spayed *after* their first heat have an increased risk of breast
cancer.  Often fatal.  My lifestock guardian pups and most of my pets are
spayed (and neutered) before they even leave me at 10 weeks.  (BTW--age to
alter and whether to alter is probably the second biggest hot button on dog
lists <g>)  There are some possible disadvantages to spaying overall but
none of them based upon whether or not a bitch has one season (or more)

Linda