Re: [pyrnet] questions

In a message dated 9/10/01 10:15:52 PM Central Daylight Time,
campsite@catskill.net writes:

<< My question is...could these two dogs have the potential to be LGD?  Am I
better
 keeping them in with the goats or in a yard next to them?  I've been told
that
 pyrs wander and should not be left to run loose. >>

Hi--
From personal experience, I would get an LGD pup. I tried a 4 year old rescue
Pyr and he clearly wan't interested in the job, and now lives in great air
conditioned comfort with his own screened in porch. I just got a 6 month old
pup raised with goats and alpacas and I already see the difference. And yes,
Pyrs will protect everything they can see and do tend to wander, so an
enclosure is pretty important especially with a dog you don't know well. Mine
is in with the goats and alpacas. Good luck! Kirsten in MN