[pyrnet] Fw: Diary of a Rescue Dog Part2

Resending as it bounced the first time.  Barb
Diary of a Search and Rescue K9 Team: Part 2
By Paul Morgan and Cody
K9Soldiers@aol.com

We're hurting but what do you want for old guys.....our
camouflage BDU
smell
of burnt flesh, dust, mud, etc....it took two showers to clean
up....still
coughing....dust in the lungs is very bad....and we had masks
issued by
NYPD
EMS...

SCPA checked out the dogs when we were pulled off the pile at
2:30 PM on

12
Sept .................................We were given a bottle of
water...Dogs
got physicals, shots, eyes washes....great treatment...we were
ordered
rest for an hour before heading out to Penn Station ....followed
orders...

On the way home via 6th Avenue, Cody was dragging and we stopped
at 23rd

street...watered him and Sue with two quarts each...

A Franciscan priest blessed both dogs just after we were released
from
duty....so we know they are OK!

When we reached Penn Station they took a break on the marble
floor in
the
waiting room...more water...we got beer...two cool ones
each...courtesy
of
SSPRESS...

Train ride home was great...Cody slept under my chair against the
a/c......

By the way we were not charged any fares... we were given food,
water,
fruit, anything we wanted or needed...and dozens of passersby
said,
"Thank
you!"

God Bless America!