[pyrnet] Fw: I have a friend

The following has been broadcast repeatedly over local radio
stations in
Saskatchewan (Canada), with God Bless America playing in the
background.
It was
       attributed to a gentleman named Doug, who preferred that
his last
name not be known.

       In the spirit of harmony and understanding it seems
appropriate
to share it.

       I have a friend. He's kind of a big guy, but with a real
gentle
personality. Oh, I have seen him get into the odd fight, but
usually
only if someone provokes him.
       Usually he is the type of friend that we all strive to
make. He
is helpful without being asked. Despite his size, he doesn't
throw his
weight around needlessly,

       My friend got beat up today. I guess beat up isn't the
right
word. He got cold cocked by a little guy who hit him when he
wasn't
looking. This is not the first time.
       Some years ago another guy up and kicked him in the groin.
That
guy paid a terrible price for his action, but once that was done,
my
friend returned to being the
       nice guy he really is. He even helped the guy that kicked
him.
Now, the guy that hit him today wasn't as brave as the one that
       kicked him. This guy sneaked up and punched him right in
the face
when his head was turned. He didn't have the guts to stand
face-to-face.
He was not the
       honorable opponent that his predecessor was. The guy that
hit him

       today was a coward, who will indeed pay a price when my
buddy
finds him. I don't think this loser realized what he was getting
himself
in for.

       My friend has a black eye today, quite a shiner actually,
and a
great deal of pain. What the coward that hit him didn't realize
was that
any amount of pain simply
       serves to make my friend stronger. His resolve is without
equal,
and his friends have gathered around him.

       My friend will be okay in a day or two, but I have looked
into
his eyes and I know he will never be the same. He even looks at m
suspiciously now. While I am not
       responsible for what happened to him, he looks at me like
should have done something. I know that he doesn't really hold me
responsible, but the trust will never
       be as complete between us as it has been until now.

       Please, if you see my friend have a good word, and if he
makes a
mistake be tolerant, because you know that if you need help he
will be
there.

       My name is Canada. My friend's name is America.