[pyrnet] Re: pyrnet-l-digest.20010920

Well, we took Newman to the vet about the hair loss under his eye (and also
a rubbed-looking place on his muzzle) and he DOES have mange. He has
Demodectic Mange, which the vet said isn't contagious to humans (or dogs, I
believe), but it IS harder to get rid of. Since we caught it so early, the
vet said we shouldn't have to shave him, but do have to dip him every two
weeks until we're sure the mange is gone.

Thanks for the suggestions to go to the vet and telling me it might be
mange, because I honestly thought he was either rubbing his eye and nose
somewhere, or the eye was from allergies and the muzzle was from this bone
he chews on that  has a sharp edge.

He was NOT happy about the bath and dip he just got, especially since he
has to air dry completely--no toweling--so he's spending a lot more time in
the bathroom (and us in the living room) than he likes. He's sitting there
whining pitifully right now, wanting to be in here with us.