[pyrnet] Re: pyrnet-l-digest.20010923

Tea said:

I am so sorry for Newman's plight.  And I certainly do not envy you having
to bath and dip him every two weeks.  BUT you have just given a wonderful
bright spot this morning  picturing Newman Wet in the bathroom, which is
completely wet and coated with wet Newman hair -- whining and thinking --
now what can I get into.  And you and the family in the living room
wondering how long it will take to remove Pyr hair from the ceiling vent
fan..

LOL

I don't mind so much the bathing and dipping, but the GETTING HIM INTO THE TUB is the challenge...and then KEEPING him there!  Had to laugh, though. I figured if I could get him  to lay down in the tub, I'd assure that he was thoroughly wet, right? So I told him to lay down, and he obediently STARTED to do so...got as far as sitting and jumped up with a look at me that said, "THAT wasn't nice!"

Pam said:

I'm so glad that this is something that can be taken care of~~~~When I bathe my dogs, their reward for being good is to go for a walk ~~this serves 2 purposes~They get to go for a walk,(which they love)  and, a lot of the excess water drips off outside instead of in my house !
Perhaps this would help You in Your delima~

Hm. That's a thought...but when you take them out, don't they try to roll in the dirt? That's the very FIRST thing most of MY dogs tend to do after a bath. Ugh!

Tea also said:

If your Pyr Newman was named after the "Newman" character on Seinfeld I'd
say you'd really better watch out.  <VBG>

Hehe. No, actually he was named after the people we bought him from. No particular reason, except that as we were driving home, hubby was leaning toward the name "Dino" and I was shuddering, so when he suggested we just name him after the people, I said, "Ok...why not? That sounds okay."

A friend of mine, who is a groomer, told me some horror stories about this type of mange. She said the groomers call it "Demon Mange".  <Big shudders> So I intend to follow the vet's instructions to the letter!