Re: [pyrnet] Coat

Hi Bonnie
  Not a good look with that big coat drop but a good shedding like that is normal and then all the lovely new coat will come back in.  They look like Salukis' with leg feathering but rest assured Soph will be back to normal soon with your cooler weather coming.

I usually find that unspayed bitches will drop coat twice a year and males once a year. The Auz imports here tend to have a bigger coat in summer than my homebred Pyrs, why I don't know.  Now one of the not so pretty sights is the bitch who has had a litter and a couple of months later drops her coat!!  You tend to hide them away when people come calling!  The lovely coat does come back and Sophie is probably enjoying her "fall" coat. Isn't it amazing just how much coat comes out?  The birds will be enjoying collecting the undercoat for their winter nests .

Jan
Jan Chaplin
Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans
See my Pyreneans at http://ariegepyreneans.mainpage.net
 or visit here with the Pyr Club in NZ  http://www.geocities.com/pyreneans/
 or Join here!! http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/pyreneans
Or Check out Jan's Ebay Auctions http://showcase.auctiva.com/janella
ariege@xtra.co.nz

---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free, no bugs from the Ariege Pyreneans! AND please do not send us any. Update your virus info and do not open attachments unless bug free!!!!