From: owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org [mailto:owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org]On Behalf Of Barb Bowes
Sent: 26-Oct-01 08:50
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] Re:Puppy Protection Act/USA

This is a synopsis of the CHANGES they want to make to the original Bill. I read the original Bill and I will NOT support it. As in the original, they want to require licensing for ALL breeders. If they cannot police and prosecute the commercial kennels now, how will they do so in the future? They will drive the responsible breeders out of existence, and there will be nothing left but puppymills. Puppymills are BIG business, and they have a VERY powerful lobby in Washington, DC. When I have time, I'll try to find the link to the original Bill. BTW, when is the last time anyone heard of a puppymill waiting until 8 weeks of age to sell a puppy to a dealer? This Bill sounds good on the surface, but is in fact not directed against just the puppymills as it claims. If it were, I'd support it wholeheartedly.

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs), Flopsy (Pyr Shep) & Machin (Doxie)
bamb@monmouth.com