From: owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
[mailto:owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org]On
Behalf Of Pamela Fowkes
Sent: 15 November, 2001 1.53
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] Training?

I recently switched to the Gentle Leader collar for my
pyr/kuvasz mix,
Olympia.  I walk her with Eliza twice a day.  I don't use
choke collars and
find the martingale collars usually work under ordinary
circumstances.
Either dog alone walks perfectly, but walking them together
causes a problem
when we meet other dogs.  They feed off of each other like
children who
enjoy getting everyone all riled up.

The Gentle Leader works wonderfully (as do the token treats
I carry in my
pocket), and we have been put to the test on several
occasions.  It has made
our walks much more enjoyable.  Now if someone would only
come up with an
idea to get "Eliza the Lagger" to keep up with Olympia and
me, we would all
be happy campers.

Pam & Eliza & Olympia from the Dallas area (used to be
Houston)