RE: [pyrnet] So true

Hi, yes I agree, I thought it was too true. Too many people out there get
the "Puppy with the big red bow" syndrome at Christmas. Once the novelty
wears off, so does the caring, but then again these people have no business
getting a dog in the first place...right?

Now a confession....I did buy my kids a puppy for Christmas this year. Me
ducking<G> But with the full knowledge and commitment that this is not only
a present but a life long commitment that I plan to honour. If it was the
middle of the summer, I'd have got them one anyways, it just happens that
Christmas is comming at the same time we need the hole in our hearts filled.

Of course my kids took loosing Zeus very hard, so they needed her....hell I
needed her. I don't think that my life would be full without a furry friend
in it. Of course I still have Pepsi, but she's 14 1/2 and really is not much
for playing with the kids anymore.

She's not a Pyr (I could not stand to have another one yet, it hurts too
much even to look at pictures)
She's a English Springer Spaniel. We have had experience with this breed as
we had a rescue Springer here for a couple of months till she regained her
strength. We never intended on keeping her as, at the time we had just
gotten Zeus, and she was extremely abused by kids and was thoroughly
frightened by them. So it would not have been fair to her. So after she was
well again and spayed, we gave her to an older couple without kids.
But my daughter fell in love with the breed. Since then I have researched
the breed. And found a good breeder with some pups.
We've had her for a couple of weeks now, but I did tell my kids she was a
Christmas present as  it's a major purchase so close to Christmas, and do to
that they would not be getting much more than "Freckles" from mom and dad.
Of course Santa's still going to spoil them!
The major thing is that she has a 2 year health and temperament guarantee.
Something that is for obvious reasons, very important to me. Fingers
crossed.
Merry Christmas
Sariena