[pyrnet] Re: Lost Dogs

My friend lives in the Franklinton area. She says that there are
unsubstantiated rumors of people stealing big dogs to sell to the med
schools in the area. Because big dogs are easier to cut up! Obviously this
is not something that she would like to have spread around...because she's
sure the schools would sue the pants off anyone who made that allegation
and would of course say they knew nothing about it. But as you know, people
DO steal dogs for reasons like that, so I wouldn't be surprised. So BE
CAREFUL.  Makes me worry about around here. We live within a mile of the
University of Texas Health Science Center and UT Medical School in San
Antonio. Makes me wonder if similar things go on around here. Scary
thought. I think I will continue to NEVER leave Newman out in the yard
while we're not here and AWAKE!!!

As for her knowing any Pyrs that would be good to have go visit, I haven't
asked, but she once told me the only Pyrs she knows of are a couple that
she grooms, and she only knows them on a "grooming" basis, and they are
TERRIBLE to groom, so I don't know if she ca really say if they would be
good with kids. I'll ask.