Re: [pyrnet] My beautiful boy is gone

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marci Gruhlkey" <Marci.Gruhlkey@TPMHMR.org>
To: <pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org>
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2001 12:00 PM
Subject: RE: [pyrnet] My beautiful boy is gone

> Marie, I have been away from my computer for the past week or so. I am so
> sorry to hear about your Beau.
>
> Marci Gruhlkey, Montana Bear (Pyr) and Caeli (Pyr want-a-be)

Thank you Marci. And for all the kindness so many have shown me on the loss
of my Beau. That loss is still an open wound. I have always loved each and
every pet I have ever had. But Beau was different. He was just such an
incredeble boy. With such heart and such courage. I would have given my life
to save his. And all around us we are finding more and more people who are
filled with grief at his loss. He touched many lives. And our life is better
for having known him.

I don't know if I ever mentioned it. But one of the primary reasons Beau was
passed over by so many potential adopters was because he was abnormally
large for the breed. He was just so huge. Not fat, but really tall for the
breed. We took him and loved him any way. And we were so lucky to have had
him even for so short a time. We now know we can not live without a pyr in
our lives. We have now taken another boy pyr into our family. He was passed
up because he is so small. He is approximately 18 months old and weighs 95
pounds. I guess they consider this small for a boy. At any rate, we have now
become the proud parents of Valentino. Not to replace Beau. That can never
be done. But to be able to share our love and lives with this incrediable
breed.

Valentino, Val for short. Is so pyr like in many ways. And yet so different
from Beau. He is unusally quiet for a pyr. Although make no mistake, he can
bark when he wants to! LOL! Beau barked at everything. If a mouse passed gas
within a ten mile radius we knew about it. He is such a brave little boy in
so many ways. Yet is terrified of squeaky toys and high pitched sounds. He
is a real attention hound. And just can't get enough of being groomed. A
real difference there. Grooming Beau was a two person operation. One person
to tackle and hold him. And another person to make with the brush and comb
really quick. He is a sweet little boy. But a little shy. Beau was such a
social butterfly. Almost everyone was a potential friend. As long as he
wasn't in his yard, house or van. Then he was all business. Well I had
better shut up for now. As this is becoming a lost longer then I intended it
to be. Take care. Happy New Year! And hug your furkids.
Marie, my Pyrangel Beau and Valentino